I’ve been wanting to visit the Lone Star State for a while, so this month was the perfect opportunity to explore Austin. Not only did I visit Austin for the first time, but I had the opportunity to speak/host an event at SXSW. What a memorable experience!!!
I curated an official meet-up for SXSW that took place at the Driskell Hotel on March 11th. Check out the recap on the discussion on Influence: The New Currency here.
There were so many connections made with people from Austin, all over the US and globe. It interesting to see how people travel from places like India, Europe, etc., for SXSW.
I absolutely loved Austin and hope to visit soon! SXSW will definitely on my radar for 2015.
I did noticed all the rumors about good food was definitely true in Austin. If your in Austin, here are a few places to check out:
- Gourdughs (OMG!!) My roomie and I stopped the driver to get these much anticipated donuts. They were soooooo delicious. I bit into The Carney so fast, I didn't get to take a picture.
- Try out a BBQ restaurant or truck in Austin. I randomly ordered from one located on W Mary Street while I waiting on the bus. The Chicken Sausage Sandwich was just what I needed, while I fed my belly and waited for the bus.
- P. Terry Burger Stand - take it from the French Fry Connoisseur (me)…this place is not only tasty but its also has countless organic options.
- Hop Doddy Burger Bar - is known for their crafted all-natural burger, sushi, and lamb burgers. My choice was the the much needed Greek Lamb Burger!
- Austin's Pizza - one of the best pie slices I've had so far. The people behind the counter are great and friendly too.
Another highlight, was finally getting a chance to see Kendrick Lamar in concert. I can’t believe I waited for 3 hours to see him perform at iTunes Festival - but it was definitely worth it. That was the first and probably last time I’ll wait 3 hours to see an artist though. Let’s just say Kendrick Lamar fans almost started a riot when they found out they may not get in. Crazy!
Check out the pictures below:
Til next time, Austin!